REAL. FAST. FOOD. Some fast food can be incredibly healthy! This lamb, carrot and chickpea burger is a great example. Just 5 minutes prep time, 8 minutes cook time and it’s ready to tuck into. Loaded with nutrients to sustain energy, boost the immune system and keep your muscles and bones healthy; a yummy burger with a hint of spice and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser for friends and family!
- 250g minced lamb
- 200g chickpeas (half a can, drained, crushed with a fork)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 wholemeal rolls
- Baby gem lettuce leaves
- Sliced cucumber and tomatoes
- Mix all the burger ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Take a handful of mixture and shape into medium-sized burger. The mixture should make 8 burgers. Chill on a plate, covered, for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Cook on a medium hot barbecue or griddle for 4 minutes each side.
- Cut the rolls in half and toast each half on the barbecue or griddle.
- Serve the burgers in the rolls with salad and your favourite sauce - we love these with natural yoghurt mixed with chopped mint.