We eat this granola for breakfast, post exercise recovery or dessert. It’s packed with goodness, contains very little sugar (just a dash of honey) and it’s incredibly easy to prepare. Packed with slow-releasing carbs, protein and heart-healthy fats, it’s super nutritious. Pecans, too are rich in antioxidants, including vitamin E, oleic acid which can help increase our good cholesterol and vitamin B3, which helps us access the energy in our food.
Try it served with fresh fruit and yoghurt, some toasted coconut flakes and a few chopped up Go Bites®. YUM!
IngredientsFor 8-10 portions
- 200g jumbo porridge oats
- 100g pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 cm knob fresh ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsbp sunflower or rapeseed (canola) oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Small handful of toasted coconut flakes
- Fresh Raspberries
- Natural Yoghurt
- 1 pack of 3 GO BITES® Date & Coconut Boost energy balls (optional)
- Energy (kcal) 245
- Carbohydrate (g) 24.7
- Of which sugars (g) 4
- Fat (g) 15.2
- Of which saturates (g) 1.6
- Protein (g) 4.6
- Salt (g) 0.8
- Fibre (g) 4.3
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Mix together the oats, pecans and fresh ginger, ground ginger, honey, oil and water.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, turning the muxture after 10 minutes for it to brown evenly.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes or so. It will crisp up like magic.
- Add the coconut flakes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three weeks although you’ll find it usually disappears after a couple of days!
- Serve with yoghurt and GO BITES®!