One of our all-time favourites, this deliciously light and fluffy mousse is completely sugar-free and packs in almost 18g protein (mostly casein), as well as vitamin C, potassium, calcium and fibre. Perfect for muscle recovery straight after exercise during that magic 30 minute window when your muscles are at their most receptive to nutrients, or for dessert after an evening meal to promote a little extra night-time muscle recovery.
Or, just enjoy it for what it is – a totally yummy, guilt-free pud which takes literally minutes to prepare!
IngredientsTo serve 4
- 2 egg whites (use free range, large)
- 600g Quark or Greek Yoghurt (I use the TOTAL brand, either 0% or full fat, whichever you prefer)
- 200g fresh ripe strawberries
- 1 large banana - must be ripe, as this provides the sweetness
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place in a small bowl. Whisk with an electric or hand whisk until the whites double in size and form soft peaks.
- Mash the banana into a puree with a fork. Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks. Mash into a puree with a fork, keeping a few aside for decoration.
- Spoon the yoghurt or quark into a bowl. Stir in the banana and the strawberries, mixing until well combined.
- Gently fold the egg white into the yogurt mixture with a metal tablespoon, adding a spoonful at a time, until it is all combined.
- Spoon into four glasses and serve, decorated with extra strawberries.