I kinda prefer eating my fruit and veg as they come, rather than blended in a smoothie, but I was recently blown away by this utterly delicious concoction at a smoothie bar in London (JOE THE JUICE). I needed a boost to gear me up for the long drive back to Bristol after a stressful meeting and it worked!
Refreshing, energising and jam-packed with vitamin C, as well as providing fantastic anti-inflammatory properties, it’s perfect post workout or just to enjoy as a refreshing drink. I’ve recreated the recipe for you here …
IngredientsFor 2 glasses:
- 2 large handfuls ice cubes or crushed ice
- juice of 2 red grapefruits
- 1 cm knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into cubes (no need to peel)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour into two long glasses and drink immediately.