Carrot Cake Energy Balls! For fans of the carrot cake in my book, Go Faster Food, or indeed of my energy balls recipes, you’ll be pleased to know that I’ve married the two together to make these amazingly tasty carrot cake energy balls. Gluten free, vegan and packed with sustaining carbohydrate, protein and healthy fats, they are super good for you (see our post on the J-Shaped Curve and how to look after your immune system) and dead easy to make; just whizz up all the ingredients in a food processor and get rolling!
IngredientsFor about 20 balls
- 25g pecan nuts
- 200g dates, pitted
- 100g dried apricots
- 100g carrots, grated
- a few drops vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 50g porridge oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut to roll them in
- Place the pecans in the food processor and whizz until roughly chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whizz again until the mix is well combined and forms a dough.
- Roll into 20 balls if you wear plastic gloves, this step is less sticky!).
- Spoon the desiccated coconut onto a small plate and roll each ball to coat.
- Refrigerate for an hour to firm up, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.