So here’s a tasty breakfast created to fuel you with an optimal balance of nutrients without weighing heavy on the stomach.
These delicious Breakfast Tacos are perfect for those who like to go lighter on the carbs too. Soft tacos with eggs, avocado, crispy lettuce and tomatoes … yum!
- Prep time: 2 minutes chopping
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Pinch dried chilli flakes or a little chilli sauce
- 1 head of gem lettuce chopped
- 2 x spring onions sliced finely on the slant
- 1 x fresh red or green chilli deseeded and finely sliced
- Handful of baby tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 soft taco shells
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and warm the tacos (lie them on the hot pan for 20 seconds each side). Set aside on a plate and cover them with foil to keep warm.
- Place the avocado in a small bowl and squeeze over a little lime juice. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the eggs for a couple of minutes until cooked to your liking.
- To serve, lay out the taco shells on two large plates. Remove the egg with an egg slice and place on the taco, then arrange the avocado, the crispy lettuce, spring onion, tomatoes, fresh chilli and fresh coriander around the egg. Season with salt and pepper, another squeeze of lime and some chilli flakes or sauce. Eat immediately – fold each taco in half and pick it up with your hands!