This Indian-style savoury smoothie has true superpowers! Rich in potassium, calcium, B vitamins, Vitamin E and mono unsaturated fats, nicely balanced with carbohydrate and protein, satisfyingly light, very tasty (of course!) it will aid recovery very effectively, especially after a sweaty workout! A powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, turmeric is an excellent spice to include in your training diet.
IngredientsFor 2 glasses
- 1 small avocado, chilled, peeled, stone removed and cut into cubes
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- Good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of ground cumin or ginger
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 200 ml fresh milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp natural yoghurt
- 8 ice cubes
- Stick of cucumber or ginger to serve.
- Energy (kcal) 185
- Carbohydrate (g) 14 (of which sugars (g) 7)
- Protein (g) 6
- Fat (g) 12 (of which saturates (g) 4)
- Salt (g) 0.5
- Fibre (g) 4
MethodPrep time: 5 minutes
- Blend the avocado, cucumber, mint, salt, turmeric, cumin or ginger, milk and yoghurt in a blender.
- Add the ice cubes and blend again until all the ice is crushed.
- Pour into two tall glasses and decorate with a stick of ginger or cucumber.